Friday, April 30, 2010

Why 400 Calories











I have had several questions on what is my diet or as I like to try to tell myself.....LIFE STYLE CHANGE. Well I heard on TV one day The lady who is the editor for Prevention magazine say about eating 4 ... 400 calorie meals a day.

It just so happened that morning I got on the scale for the first time in months & was very upset by the number I saw... so I figured why not try it. So that night my husband came home to me packing all the junk food & I explained that I was done living & eating the way we had been. That things were going to change. Meals were going to be healthier & exercise was a priority. So I woke up the next day & started my diet. For the first 3-4 days I was like I had a severe case of PMS... ( no Joke) but I realized it was just my body response to being De sugared & the decrease in food intake.


On the 8th day first thing the morning we both weighed in. I lost 11 lbs....... I was happy & shocked. I thought did I really eat that badly that it was enough for me to lose 11lbs. The answer to that is Yes & No. I love healthy stuff but some times it was the portion or the hidden calories. Like adding that extra piece of cheese or not knowing really how many calories in salad dressing I was placing on that salad. Now I learned how to read the labels & still need to work on understanding everything about what we should be eating & consuming in a day. Such as the sodium, sugar, carbs etc... But one thing at a time~

Now I have tried other diets in the past.... Weight watchers was great I just got tired of converting everything to points. Also I found it strange that veggies did not count as points (or something like that) which I did not understand. Cause some are high in calories.Also I did the Doctor Phil book & it worked but then my emotions got the best of me.

So here I am trying something else & hopefully it will work. I have a great support group. My dad & husband are on it also. My dad who I love dearly & want to be here forever & ever has lost 61lbs. I am beyond proud of him. He has a very long road but He will get there... And I will help him.


All in all I just got to keep my eye of the prize...... being Skinny!!!

Ha ha just joking.... I would settle for being healthy & living a long life filled with awesome memories. And seeing my son grow & hopefully in the future grand kids....




Pictures....

My dad & son

Husband & Son

Me & my son












No comments:

Post a Comment